As Integrity Seal™ is a new way of sealing, IFP have also implemented a technology transfer programme for customers. I.S. is not rocket science, just different, so staff new to be introduced to it and taught how to get the best out of it. Once trained, staff have reported their willingness to use it as they see many benefits and safety over conventional hot jaw system.
The technology transfer programme includes comprehensive off site and on site training and bespoke operational manuals. This includes training sessions for machine operators, engineers and Q.C. personnel. Training is conducted both at the customers factory and at the Ceetak premises where a bagging machine is available for hands on familiarisation and off site training.
Customers are also allowed to bring their own films for initial testing and optimisation of sealing condition.
In addition, IFP prepare fully detailed operators manuals and help customers produce SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) documents including photographic aids to show methods and procedures.
Photographs of good and bad seals are also provided to make it easier to monitor quality.
A record sheet is also provided so the customer can keep a record of the system performance.
Certificates are also awarded verifying the employee has been trained in the operation and use ofIntegrity Seal™. Refresher courses are also available to ensure staff are maintain standards.
Videos are also taken of the system in operational which is a useful diagnostic tool when monitoring machine performance.
Feed back from Sessions run for McCain’s Food (GB) Ltd
How Do You Feel About Integrity Seal™?
- Better seals, gets rid of:
- Knife shaft
- Knife cam
- Gripper bars
- Air cylinders
- Should be a lot less poly waste and down time
- Much easier to remove/replace
- Less maintenance
- Fewer parts
- Easier cleaning/cleaner
- Appears very reliable
- No cutting fingers or burning fingers
- Easy to maintain and clean
- 2 settings
- Easy to install
- Easier then present to use
- Cheaper to run
- Quicker to maintain
- No blades to cut yourself on
- Very tidy seal
- Can we follow up with the back seal
- Easy removal of jaws
- Blade easier to change
- Much stronger seal
- Safety, impulse not permanent heat
- Energy saving
- Good product, should work well
- Overall an excellent quick method of sealing and very effective with easy maintenance
- Easy to use
- Less time for operators
- Better seal less rework
- Less customer complaints
- No cuts
- No burns
- Good system, simple design, easy to use
- Very good system, should save on knife changes and jaw refurbishment
- Easy to use for operators and easy to set up
- Cleaner areas, easier to understand
- Less wear on parts on IS system
How Do You Feel About The Training Course?
- Getting theory down first away from noise and pressure of the factory
- Very informative
- Problem solving (practical)
- Learned a great deal
- Would be a great improvement to what we have
- Makes job easier
- Enjoyed it, found it informative
- Enjoyed course, good presentation
- Good to see running while not in production so you know what to expect
- Overall very enjoyable and informative
- All good, learnt a lot and helped highlight issues for improvement.
- Excellent informative and enjoyable
- Well planned course with plenty of information
- Good course, learnt a lot, enjoyed it.
- Good food, good company, easily understood
- Good to meet fellow professional from other sites
- Very informative
- Time to listen, good communication
- Very good liked it, learnt a lot in out of work environment
- Hands on practical training
- Being in the know
- All ok
- Nothing really
The technology transfer programme is vital and ensures the smooth transition and use of theIntegrity Seal™ system. It is an integrated part of the installation and commissioning process and its value and benefit have been recognised by our customers.