Integrity Seal™ not only offers many production advantages it dramatically improves the pack performance and brings several commercial benefits. As the industry is looking for ways of reducing packaging, reducing costs and improving product quality Integrity Seal™ delivers all of these.
- Combined saving from shortening the pack and reducing the film gauge can deliver 25% saving in film usage.
- Less frequent reel changes due to more impressions per reel
- Operating costs are significantly reduced – lower consumables , reduced maintenance costs
- Sensitive Fresh leaf salads quality improvement - no oxidation
- Sensitive Fresh leaf salads shelf life increased from 5 days to 8 days
- Non sensitive leaf varieties e.g. Spinach, shelf life increased from 7 to 9 days
- Fresh vegetables – better quality due to improved CO2 control.
- Snack products - comparable shelf life at 12 weeks on single bag applications.
- Only uses 1 mm of film length to make an hermetic seal.
- Saves a minimum of 10% film area, 20 % on smaller bags.
- IS makes hermetic seals on thinner gauge films, i.e. 30 micron down from 35 micron: a further 14% reduction in packaging material usage.
- Reduced rework significantly improves line efficiency and lowers unit costs especially in the frozen foods category
- Reduced rework reduces disposal costs for waste packaging material.
- Higher line efficiency reduces total manufacturing costs.
- IS seals all types of polymers and eliminates the need for laminated or extruded sealant layers.
- Potential for barrier layers in snack products to be reduced.
- Reduced customer complaints
- Improved appearance
Before and after seal comparisons