There are numerous technical benefits with Integrity Seal™ (I.S.) as follows:-
- Seal tightness is superior to crimp seals - no micro leaks, so headspace gas in controlled by the film permeability not leaking seals.
- Random creases still seal hermetically due to the welding action of the technology.
- Longer shelf life proven on fresh product applications due to air tight seals, both pillow and block bottom styles.
- Controlling seal tightness now allows film gauges and specifications to be reduced and optimised.
- Seal strength is superior - crimp seals leak at 0.25 bar in a immersion vacuum tank test. I.S. packs fail by bursting at 0.5 bar.
- For most applications the sealing time is faster than with crimp sealing because the heat is applied to the cut edge of the film. Hence machine speeds are faster – typically 10% - 15% faster
- The cutting action of the rubber anvil severs the majority of leaf types and still makes an hermetic seal.
- Seals are not completed when particularly large contamination is present i.e. large leaves, thick stalks, foreign matter, so bags drop unsealed and are easily identified and removed from the line.
- Bags therefore do not get to store with product trapped in the seal as commonly happens with crimp seals.
- The system can be retrofitted to existing machines or built into new machines.
- The jaws are simply screwed to the existing cross frames of the machine.
- Jaw closure is sensed independently of the machine control.
- Both jaws can be wiped clean at any time.
- Both jaws are safe to touch after very cycle.
- Only one element is required, the other jaw is non heated.
- Wear components – The cutter and side rubbers are easily and quickly replaced.
- The system is immediately ready to run when switched on – no jaw heating time.
- Jaw electrics are IP rated
- Temperature changes are instant – up or down on resetting the digital display.
- The temperature profile of the heated jaw on each cycle is monitored with a visual display.
- The seal temperature range is not critical – only that it must be above the polymer melt temperature
- The chilled water system is a closed loop system so does not use copious amounts of water.
- The chilled water can have an antimicrobial additive to prevent legionella and other bacteria.
- Reduced cost of consumables when compared with existing impulse sealing systems.
- Reduced maintenance time for cleaning
- Reduced engineering down time , no mechanical knife or mechanism
- Jaws have in built grippers to support heavy weight bags ( up to 7kg, as well as well as assist handling of light weight products (25gm)
Seals are both air tight and strong
Seals (subject to the polymer type) can be easy to open as the tear breaks across the edge of the weld
Heavy and light products can be handled.